Category A: PUBLIC WORKS RELATING TO NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Water conservation and water harvesting structures to augment and improve groundwater like underground dykes, earthen dams, stop dams, check dams with special focus on recharging ground water including drinking water sources;
- Watershed management works such as contour trenches, terracing, contour bunds, boulder checks, gabion structures and spring-shed development resulting in a comprehensive treatment of a watershed;
- Micro and minor irrigation works and creation, renovation and maintenance of irrigation canals and drains;
- Renovation of traditional water bodies including desilting of irrigation tanks and other water bodies; and conservation of old step wells/ baolis;
- Afforestation, tree plantation and horticulture in common and forest lands, road margins, canal bunds, tank foreshores and coastal belts duly providing right to usufruct to the households covered in Paragraph 5;
- Pasture Development / fodder farm; perennial grasses like Stylo etc.
- Bamboo, Rubber and Coconut plantation. Land development works in common land.